In Summer 2018, CSUEB will officially be on a semester system. In an effort to best serve our students on the semester system, the SCAA will be undergoing changes as well. These changes include:
- Elimination of standing/weekly appointments: Due to the length of the semester system relative to the quarter system, the SCAA will no longer be providing weekly standing appointments. This change opens up many opportunities which include:
- Faster start: Based on student recommendations, tutoring will begin during the second week of the semester and will continue until the end of the semester. No tutoring will occur during finals.
- Appointments: Students can now request one-hour one-time appointments more easily and quickly — up the 48 hours in advance.
- Additional support for the sciences: The SCAA will be adding the option of a 1-on-1, one-time appointment for science (Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science) tutoring.
- Friday tutoring: With the potential of more classes taking place on Fridays, we will now be open on Fridays too! One caveat is that we will close during the second Friday of every month for tutor training.
- Writing Scheduled Drop-Ins: For students who want a 30-minute scheduled writing drop-in session, we would like you to call or come to the SCAA to “claim” a spot the morning of.
If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.