- Participate in an intensive orientation and attend staff meetings throughout the semester
- Commit to between 5 and 8 hours per week
- Greet students and other campus staff entering the SCAA and schedule enrolled students using TutorTrac.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, take clear and accurate messages, and call students regarding scheduling appointments whenever necessary.
- Maintain front desk documentation and records
- Maintain continuity in work flow by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Assist with other duties, including flyer posting, mailing, photocopying, and errands
- Use talents to assist in SCAA’s development and operations in areas such as publicity
- Must possess Federal Work Study (FWS) grant from the Federal government
- Good communication skills
- Customer service experience/personality
- Must be detail oriented
- An ability to interact effectively with diverse populations in individual or group settings
- A completed application (attached)
Pay Rates and Other Perks:
- Receptionists are paid $11.00 an hour
- Receptionists are paid for all activities outlined in the “Receptionist Responsibilities” section.
- Receptionists become a part of the SCAA Learning Community, a group of passionate and fun peers, and are invited to several SCAA social activities.