Math & Statistics Tutor Responsibilities:
- Commit to 10 tutoring hours of availability per week by working with our students in courses from remedial math/algebra to calculus and/or introductory statistics. Although the minimum qualification is a strong background in math up to calculus, we prioritize hiring tutors that can work with students in more advance math/statistics courses.
- Participate in an intensive orientation at the beginning of the Fall Quarter and attend monthly staff meetings and ongoing bi-weekly training activities throughout the year.
- Develop resources (videos, handouts, workshops, etc.) according to CSUEB student needs
- Use talents to assist in SCAA’s development and operations in areas such as outreach, training, observations, etc.
- Must be enrolled as a sophomore, junior, senior or grad student at CSUEB for the 17-18 academic year
- Must have availability for consistent working hours and regular meetings for a maximum of 20 hours a week
- A cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0
- A developing knowledge of tutoring approaches and an awareness of content resource materials
- An ability to interact effectively with diverse populations in individual or group settings
- A completed application (attached) with a brief recommendation by a professor (form provided in application).
Pay Rates and Other Perks:
- Tutors are paid $13.50 an hour, with the opportunity for raises with each academic year you are a math/stats tutor
- Tutors are paid for all activities outlined in the “Math Tutor Responsibilities” section
- Tutors who complete all their training requirements will receive a College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA) Internationally Certified Level One Tutor credential
- Tutors become a part of the SCAA Learning Community, a group of passionate and fun peers, and are invited to several SCAA social activities. Tutors also develop professional skills transferrable to future careers, including communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.