The SCAA Online Writing Lab (OWL) allows CSUEB students to submit papers online and receive tutor feedback via email. We make every effort to return your papers within 48-72 hours after submission, but at heavy use times the response time may be longer. Papers are distributed to our tutors Monday – Friday. Our goal is to help students develop confidence as writers through the convenience of online feedback and collaboration. We are not a proofreading or editing service.
Please read the following policies and steps in order to successfully submit your paper to the SCAA OWL.
Policies and Guidelines:
- Students may submit only ONE paper each 24 hrs.
- You may only submit work directly related to a class that you are currently taking at CSUEB.
- The paper size limit is 6 double spaced pages. Longer papers will be returned to the sender.
- The words and ideas of your submitted paper must be your own and display the use of proper citation style for any supporting evidence or sources when required or appropriate.
- The SCAA makes every effort to return your paper within 48-72 hours (not including weekends, holidays, and breaks). Be aware that during peak times, such as mid-terms, the demand for OWL services is high – the response time may be longer than 48-72 hours.
To Submit Your Paper:
- Fill out the form below. Make sure you fill in each field that is marked with an asterisk (*). Enter your CSUEB Horizon email account.
- In the section labeled “Assignment Information,” cut and paste or copy the instructions for the assignment exactly as it appears on your assignment sheet or syllabus. Your essay will not be accepted by the OWL without this information and your paper will be returned to you.
- Attach your paper as an MS word document, then click the “Send Now” button at the bottom of the form.
- Once your paper has been successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email within one hour, we may not have received your request or your email was entered incorrectly. Please resubmit or call the OWL Coordinator at 510-885-4511. Students may also send their papers to: firstname.lastname@example.org if they do not get an OWL Submission confirmation.
If your professor is requesting proof that you have submitted your paper through the Online Writing Lab (OWL), simply print/send them a copy of your tutor’s return e-mail and your paper with tutor feedback. Tutors cannot and will not e-mail professors directly.
Please note that the SCAA OWL will open on the Monday of the first week of the semester. All papers submitted before then will be returned.